Shī Zǔ （Granmaster）Chen Zhaosen, general trainer of Chen-village 1982 to 2000, coached countless gold medal winners and national champions. Chung Hsien-Jung (Director of CETA) Won the gold medal at the 4th international Taijiquan exchange competition of Jiaozuo after only one month of training with him.*
Taijiquan grandmaster Chen Zhaosen, male, born on 18 October 1957 in a well-known family of Taijiquan in Chen Jia Gou — the origin of Chinese Taijiquan, Henan province of China, is the 19th generation of Chen family and the 11th generation successor of Chen style Taijiquan.
Grandmaster Chen Zhaosen is well known as a Tai Chi master with high noble martial virtue/morals.
Under the influence of Taiji-family in his childhood, he learned family skills of Taijiquan, weapons, internal power, push-hand, and attack-defense from his father Chen Shang Quan and his uncle Chen Sheng Xiao.
Since then he has kept learning and practicing Taijiquan every day no matter winter or summer, devoting his full heart on studying the secrets of Taijiquan, all of which has helped him master the marrow of Taijiquan as well as techniques, especially the Chunqiu broadsword known as a unique skill and “ the king of broadsword”.
Since 1981 he began to teach Taijiquan in Henan, Hebei, Shanxi, Anhui, Shandong, Fujian, Jiangxi, and Hainan, etc. The students he has taught are now more than ten thousand. Since 1983 he, as the instructor and director, led many Wushu teams to join many kinds of national and international Taijiquan competitions and won hundreds of gold and silver medals.
- From 1983 to 2000 he had worked as an instructor, chief instructor, and principal of Chen Jia Gou Taijiquan school.
- 1987 he won the first-class prize of Taiji hands-pushing in China’s international Taijiquan & sword elite competition.
- 1988 he won excellent prize in the first national farmers sports meeting and was interviewed by Chinese leaders Tian Jiyun and LI Lanqing and elected one of ten good athletes, which was also reported in people´s daily and many other newspapers.
- 1993 he was granted Henan first-class Taijiquan instructor.
- 1995 he was granted Henan excellent wushu counselor.
- 1998 he won excellent performance prize in international taijiquan popularizing and exchanging elite competition.
- 2000 he was elected and awarded one of top ten Taiji masters of Chen style Taijiquan (Together with Chen Xiaowang, Wang Xian, Zhu Tien Cai, Chen Zenlei..Etc.)
- 2000 he took part in the vcd filming of Chen Jia Gou Gongfu,
- 2003 he edited and published the audio-visual course of Chen style Taijiquan.
- His main achievements have been recorded in the annals of Chen style Taijiquan and dictionary of contemporary Wushu masters.
Taiji master Chen Zhaosen is now holding the positions of:
- The principal and general instructor of Chen Jia Gou Taijiquan Gongfu school,
- The standing secretary of Wen county Chen style Taijiquan research society,
- The vice president of Chen Jia Gou Taijiquan general association,
- The special appointed Wushu consultant of China Taiji website (WWW.Taiji.Net.CN),
- The general instructor of Mengzhou youth Wushu school,
- The honorary president of Xining Chen style Taijiquan association,
- Yicang Taijiquan research association and
- Daqing Chen style Taijiquan research association, etc.
Chen Zhaosen has a forthright nature, decent conduct, noble martial virtue and receptive mind. Up to now, he has practiced and studied Chen style Taijiquan for about 40 years and had a distinctive command of the theories of Taijiquan. He has been very strict with himself, constantly perfected his skill and won a great prestige at home and abroad for his excellent skills and noble martial morals.